- Electronic Pets, Robots & Toys- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Kids' Portable Audio
- Cameras & Camcorders for Kids
- Alarm Clocks for Kids
- Electronic Games
- Kids' Electronic Accessories- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- App Toys
- Tablets for Kids- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
Shopping for electronics for kids
Electronic toys enhance the learning experience and encourage interactive play. These toys are available in a variety of different styles, for kids in different age groups and skill levels. The different types of electronic toys make it easy to find the ideal toy for the child on your shopping list. Consider your child's interests and learning needs to find an electronic toy that makes his or her eyes light up each time it's activated.
Electronic pets, robots and toys
Electronic toys, like robots and pets, entertain kids and provide an interactive experience. Choices include robots and pets that move around, make realistic noises and some models that even talk to your child.
- Robots: Robots are designed with different levels of interactivity. Check the product specifications to determine the recommended ages for users. The specs also include details like the type of controller that operates the robot. Some styles use a remote control device that's either wired or wireless, while others receive signals from an app in a smartphone or tablet. Robotic kits are available for older kids who want the experience of building a robot from scratch.
- Electronic pets: Electronic pets come in several styles. These styles include realistic pets, whimsical pets and pets that help teach kids specific activities. For younger children, fuzzy electronic pets that make gentle, realistic sounds and move a little are entertaining. Some tell stories to support a young child's early reading effort. This type of toy also gives a young child the chance to experience the fun parts of having a pet without having to feed or clean up after it. For older kids, electronic pets offer features like remote control operation, music and even the built-in ability to play games with your child.
Kids' portable audio
Make it easy for kids to take their music with them from room to room or from home to other places with portable audio devices.
- Players and radios: Music players include MP3 players and CD players. For a young child who enjoys singing along, look for a player with a built-in microphone. For an older kid, look for a boombox radio that has ports for an external microphone and headphone jack.
- Karaoke machines and microphones: Make every day a party for your young music lover with a karaoke machine and microphone. This style of sing-along device is especially suited to older children or for use when an adult is available to help control the dials and buttons.
- Headphones and speakers: Kids' headphones and speakers are available in bright, fun colors. Designs include popular themes and animated characters. Plus, headphones are sized to comfortably fit a child's head.
- Two way radios: For kids who like pretending to be spies, walkie talkies make it easy to stay in communication. This is nice for kids who want to talk to each other from other rooms. It's also useful when kids are playing outside. Basic styles featuring animated characters are available for younger children. Models with extra features like channels and higher ranges are available for older kids.
Tablets for kids
When picking a kids' tablet, check the product description to determine the age range indicated for the device. Another way to pick, for younger children's tablets, is to choose one that supports the specific learning skill you hope to encourage. For older children, look for age-appropriate teaching tools, such as those related to astronomy or more advanced STEM skills.
Handheld electronic games typically run single games and are convenient and fun for kids to play. These smaller units also make handy gifts for kids who need to pack something to do in a backpack or suitcase. Video game consoles and game systems, on the other hand, tend to be larger devices that run multiple games by inserting a cartridge or disk that contains the video game. Some consoles, though, are smaller with built-in screens.
Cameras and camcorders for kids
Encourage a budding photographer or videographer with a camera or camcorder that's specially designed for kids to use. Models for younger kids tend to have a lower megapixel count listed in the description and be embellished with bright colors and cushioned exteriors in case of drops. Cameras and camcorders for older kids have higher megapixels, giving the images extra clarity.
Alarm clocks for kids
An alarm clock provides a way for a child to learn responsibility for being on time, and our wide selection includes styles to match your child's taste. Clocks come in bright colors and different shapes and are decorated with popular characters from movies and TV shows. Other electronic accessories include items like earbuds, cases and stands that make your child's experience when using electronic devices more enjoyable.