- Workout Shop- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Womens Activewear- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Mens Activewear- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Girls Activewear- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Boys Activewear- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
Find your balance with yoga accessories
You may be a beginner discovering the benefits of yoga or a seasoned practitioner always on the lookout for a way to improve your practice, but all yoga lovers have one thing in common. You need the right gear to get you through your yoga workouts. Explore our collection of straps, blocks, mats, and activewear designed to help you maximize your range of motion and deepen your stretches.
Although it's possible to practice yoga with nothing more than a mat, accessories increase your comfort and help you get into certain poses. Yoga towels absorb sweat on the mat so you don't slip and slide on the wet surface. Pads give you additional support and reduce pain in your knee, elbow, and hip joints. With straps and foam blocks, you can stretch your limbs and ease into more challenging positions until you've developed the flexibility to master them.
Your body needs room to breathe as it slides into downward dog or eases into crane pose. That's why it's important to wear flexible yet form-fitting clothing. Stock up on leggings and pants in assorted colors and prints. Choose high-waisted pants for more coverage or snug leggings if you're planning to try out challenging poses. If you're just starting out, looser pants can help you stay more comfortable. Pick up sports bras and tanks that hug your body and won't fall into your face when you bend over. Try out a pair of slip-on sneakers that you can easily take off when you arrive at class.
You can build your own collection of yoga gear by mixing and matching pieces from different manufacturers and their product lines. If you're just getting started though, an alternative is a yoga kit packed with all the essential equipment you need to begin your yoga practice. These kits also make great gifts for the fitness enthusiasts and yoga fanatics in your life. Look for kits with the tools you know you'll need to get in a great workout. A basic beginner kit should include stretching straps, blocks, and knee pads.
Yoga mats define space, provide cushioning, and support your limbs during a workout. They also double as exercise mats for floor and core work when you're not doing yoga. When shopping for a mat, consider more than which color best coordinates with your workout gear. It's important to find one that has the right thickness, material, and texture.
- Thickness: Yoga mats typically range from 1/16 to 1/4 inch thick. Check out thick mats if you want the extra layer of cushioning and don't mind carrying a bulkier mat to class. Look at thin mats if you find that being flatter to the floor helps you hold your poses. Pick up a strap or case that makes it easy to tote your mat around town.
- Material: Vinyl remains one of the most popular materials for yoga mats because it's durable and sticky, but it's not the only option. Rubber, jute, and cotton are eco-friendly choices. Choose vinyl or rubber if you like a mat with a spongy feel. This is ideal if you prefer more cushioning on your joints, particularly your feet. Cotton and jute feel warmer against your skin and keep you more connected to the ground. If you're looking for something that washes easily, vinyl is ideal.
- Texture: Yoga mat textures range from smooth to nubby with raised bumps all over the surface. Textured mats give you more traction so you can hold your poses without slipping if you sweat. If you like the extra workout you get holding your limbs in place during your poses, consider a smooth mat that forces you to increase your grip.
Take your yoga to new heights with a yoga swing. These are what you use in aerial yoga classes. Yoga swings give you the ability to get into classic yoga positions that stretch each part of your body. But, you're elevated and can get deeper into the stretches. These swings are also idea for regular stretching and muscle-building exercises. Look for a swing with durable stitching and heavy-duty carabiners that can hold your body weight. Choose washable fabric that's easy to clean and dry after a workout. Features like handles with foam grips add comfort so you can concentrate on each pose without worrying about slipping.
Shopping for yoga accessories has never been easier. You can browse online from the comfort of home and take advantage of convenient shipping options. Ship your order to your home or order online, pick up as soon as today with our free in-store pickup service. You'll be ready for your next class or at-home workout in no time.